SV: [jdom-interest] Strange behaviour of applet when accessing the DTD

Per Norrman pernorrman at telia.com
Tue Oct 7 14:59:52 PDT 2003

It's not about validation or not. The DTD is still read,
even if validation is turned off; for instance, entities
may have to be resolved.

My first guess would be that the browser has a problem
because localhost is not really the same as 127.0.0.1.
On the other hand you say that this problem dissapear
when you turn off validation, hmm.

Try making the SYSTEM id relative, i.e.
     <!DOCTYPE dialog SYSTEM "dialog.dtd" [
     ]>

Even if this is not the cause of your problem, it is strange
to have a URI in the source file refer to 'localhost'.

Otherwise, what's in the DTD? What is the root cause of the
exception?

/pmn

uraddr at yourhost.com