[jdom-interest] any suggestions please??

Sridhar Gopu sgopu2 at uky.edu
Wed Oct 22 15:21:30 PDT 2003

Hi,
I came across a tutorial on JDOM at
http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/JDOM/application.html.

There is a web application implemented using JSP, JDOM.
I'm facing trouble when I tried to run this application, can you please help me out??.

The files are zipped and are at RESOURCES section(The code for all the examples in the article ) at  the above URL.

I compiled all the java files( thanks to Brad for helping me out) and now when I look for the ctlist.jsp file from my local machine it says

http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/ctllist.jsp?command=file&name=c:\Ex4.xml

Error: 500
Location: /mywebapp/ctllist.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile Note: sun.tools.javac.Main has been deprecated.
C:\tomcat\work\DEFAULT\mywebapp\ctllist_1.java:5: Package hansen.playground not found in import.
import hansen.playground.*;
       ^
1 error, 1 warning

	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.javac(JspInterceptor.java:898)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.processJspFile(JspInterceptor.java:733)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JspInterceptor.requestMap(JspInterceptor.java:506)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(ContextManager.java:968)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:875)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
	at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I'm unable to figure out how the Package hansen.playground not foung in import...?
I need your valuable suggestions on this example application. I'll eagerly look forward for your replies. Thanks in advance.

-sridhar.