[jdom-interest] Should we Move JDOM to Apache Jakarta ?

Philipp Gröschler philipp.groeschler at t-online.de
Wed Oct 22 15:44:12 PDT 2003

> I believe there it could generate many more
> interested parties to help it grow faster and better

I'm imho not very pleased with that idea. I think there are other ways
of getting more attention from new developers and contributors, if it's
only that. Jakarta projects are often remembered as a little blown up in
complexity. After working some months with JDOM, I esteem its simplicity
and the small but good community behind it. Here in strange Franconia we
say "many cooks spoil the broth" ;-) So does JDOM really need to grow
any more? Don't get me wrong, but I'm just not really a fan of the
Foundation ...

By the way, would moving the project mean that JDOM would get a new
licensing model?

Greetings, Philipp