[jdom-interest] May I use SAXParserFactory to select parser with SAXBuilder()

Michelle Lin mchlin at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 19:07:54 PDT 2003

Hi there,

I'm try to use SAXBuilder constructor SAXBuilder()
that doesn't have the hardcoded SAX parser class. From
the archive list, it says I should be able to use

If you want to use JAXP to select the parser, you can
skip specifying a class to the SAXBuilder constructor
and instead set the system property
"javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory" to the value
"org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl". That
tells JAXP to use Xerces' factory to build parsers. If
you like, you can specify this property on the command
line:

java -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=
          org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl