[jdom-interest] SAXOutputter

Bradley S. Huffman hip at cs.okstate.edu
Tue Apr 20 07:55:44 PDT 2004

Laurent Bihanic writes:

> Any constructive remark about the patch proposal itself ? OK, proposed
> inheritance model not suitable, too much visility of internals, etc.?

The biggest thing is if and when the SAX folks make a decision, if they
choose to go with startDocument always being called before other events,
even for fragments, then code using the current JDOM code and a wrapper
doesn't break.  If however people use output(List/Content, false) or the
behaviour of SAXOutputter is changed so it doesn't call startDocument before
fragments, code base on that behaviour has a good chance of breaking  Plus
I have a adversion to booleans in parameter lists, but that's me. Finally as
you pointed out, all parsers except one, always call startDocument/endDocument,
so JDOM's current behaviour is consistent.

output(Content), +1.

Brad