[Fwd: [jdom-interest] Signing a JDOM Document]

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Wed Dec 8 01:27:02 PST 2004

Per Norrman wrote:

> Alistair Young wrote:

>> Are there any benchmark comparisons between the memory footprints of
>> JDOM
>> vs w3c Documents?
>

> I cannot recall any ...

I haven't run any recently, but you can see the comparisons from a
couple of years ago at
http://www.sosnoski.com/opensrc/xmlbench/results.html I think both
Xerces and JDOM have improved some since then, but I doubt it's enough
to change the comparison in any major way.

The bottom line is that you shouldn't expect any performance or memory
size improvements in going from DOM to JDOM (and quite possibly some
loss of performance). As I see it JDOM's advantage is mainly in
supplying an API that's easier for Java developers to understand.

  - Dennis