[jdom-interest] setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace inoperant ?

Eric VERGNAUD eric.vergnaud at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 8 15:10:07 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm using jdom 1.0. I have the following code:

   public static Document ReadDocument(File inFile)
        throws JDOMException, IOException
    {
        SAXBuilder sax = new SAXBuilder();
         sax.setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(true);
         return sax.build(inFile);
     }

I use this code to parse a document that has been serialized in pretty
format. There are plenty of 0x0D 0x0A and 0x20 between the elements.
I was hoping sax.setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace would clean that up,
but it's not.

Am I missing something ?

Eric