[jdom-interest] Namespace inheritance after cloning

Eric VERGNAUD eric.vergnaud at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 29 02:55:01 PST 2004

le 29/11/04 11:03, Alistair Young à alistair at smo.uhi.ac.uk a écrit :

> It would be nice, if, when you addContent to an Element, if the new
> Content didn't have any namespaces, JDOM didn't add the empty
> namespace. Rather, it would just assume the new Content was to inherit
> the original namespace. Of course, if a namespace is associated with
> the new Content, then JDOM would honour this and add it.
> Just a thought...
> Alistair

Don't enter this subject Alistair, it's in the "pragmatic programmers
against ayatollahs" area.

The fact that this subject comes up every now and then doesn't seem to make
the ayatollahs doubt.

The fact that a 10 lines patch was proposed that would allow this behaviour
as an option, and was refused basically on the motive that some gurus
involved in this project have no consideration for dummies (which I claim to
be), shows that it's useless to propose improvements.

Convenience is the enemy of theology.

Eric

If you're interested in the patch, I think I still have it somewhere.