[jdom-interest] JSR-102

Barre Dijkstra barre at salp.nl
Wed Sep 15 10:35:58 PDT 2004

I agree with Mike Brenner on this part;
I'd rather see JDom as part of the J2SDK then as (yet) another external opensource dependency.
This, among others, for political reasons on projects (not all companies accept opensource API's, not matter what state they're in).

On the other hand, (as far as I can remember) it does limit the amount of enhancement that can be done on the API by opensource developers.

But I must admit, I don't have the licensing model for J2SDK API's straight, are we for example permitted to submit fixes/enhancements?

If any work needs to be done on the JDom codebase, just yell :-)

Cheers,

Barre Dijkstra