[jdom-interest] XPath and Entity References

Per Norrman per.norrman at austers.se
Fri Sep 24 13:53:42 PDT 2004

Steve Condas wrote:
> Now I am really confused.  I tried my two XPath expressions using JDOM
> XPath (Saxen) and discovered that 'B&O' finds the node I am looking for
> and 'B&O' does not.  Does anyone know whether the the JDOM
> implementation or the NeoCore XMS implementation is working correctly?

Well, Saxon favours the 'B&O' version. So there's a two to one situation
against NeoCore. My gut feeling is that Saxon and Jaxen is correct; XPath
expressions are not XML, so the markup character escape rules of XML does
not apply, unless the XPATH expression is contained in an XML document--but
I haven't studied the XPath spec deep enough to really be sure.

/pmn