[jdom-interest] XPATH engine

Kevin L Cobb kevin.cobb at emergint.com
Wed Nov 9 10:13:13 PST 2005

I am trying to tune some processing that uses JDOM to apply about 1000
XPATH expressions to a batch of XML files. I am using Xerces as my SAX
parser implementation and thought about replacing this with something
more speedy. But, the bulk of the work is really in applying these XPATH
expressions, not in actually parsing the XML. I am caching the
expressions as XPath objects and also only parsing the source XML into a
Document object once.

I'm wondering if JDOM allows me to replace the XPATH implementation with
other implementations - I think that the default is JAXEN. Are there
speedier XPATH implementations available?

Any advice on increasing the speed here would be well received. Thanks
in advance.

-Kevin