[jdom-interest] JDOM Extension for Java Object (de)serialization

Tatu Saloranta cowtowncoder at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 20:18:14 PST 2006

--- Matthias Basler <Matthias.Basler at uni-jena.de>
wrote:
> Most other APIs - although very capable and mature -
> seemed to be unsuitable for
> my particular use cases as well, so I continued work
> on my own JDOM binding
> extension about which I wrote in my first mail in
> this thread.

Hi Matthias! I think it's good that you had a chance
to have a look at what others have done in the area.

One thing I was wondering was that, as nice as JDom
is, many/most data binding packages actually work
directly on streaming parsers. Do you have specific
need to have the full in-memory tree for binding, or
is that just for convenience? Just curious, since
in-memory tree does consume quite a bit of memory; and
it's mostly warranted if you are planning to reflect
changes back and fort. So maybe you plan on reflecting
changes between the jdom tree and objects
synchronously?

> P.S. There's no need to send your answers directly
> to my personal email address.
> I'd prefer it if you send feedback to the list only,
> except for off-list topics.

I think chances are that jdom-list's default reply-to
being to the original sender causes it... It'd be nice
if list defaulted to reply-to-list.

Anyway, good luck,

-+ Tatu +-