[jdom-interest] JDOM Extension for Java Object (de)serialization

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Tue Jan 31 17:33:52 PST 2006

JiBX in no way, shape, or form requires a schema! It has an optional
extension for code generation from schema, but this is currently not
very functional.

All data binding approaches generally require that you know the XML
format you're working with - otherwise there's no way to establish how
to relate it to Java objects. JiBX is consistent with other frameworks
in this respect. However, there's no need to have a schema (or DTD, or
any other grammar) for the XML structure. You just need to understand it
well enough to tell JiBX how to relate the XML to Java objects, which is
done by creating a binding definition.

  - Dennis