FW: [jdom-interest] & in namespace

Jason Hunter jhunter at xquery.com
Wed May 3 09:43:49 PDT 2006

Bradley S. Huffman wrote:
> "Deshpande, Aniruddha" writes:
>
>> What do you feel? Is this a bug in JDOM? How should we proceed?
>
> You look at the code to see what's going on, and if needed make a patch
> like this. Brad
>
> *** XMLOutputter.java	Fri Dec 10 19:31:50 2004
> --- XMLOutputter.new	Wed May  3 09:03:19 2006
> ***************
> *** 1118,1124 ****
>               out.write(prefix);
>           }
>           out.write("=\"");
> !         out.write(uri);
>           out.write("\"");
>           namespaces.push(ns);
>       }
> --- 1118,1124 ----
>               out.write(prefix);
>           }
>           out.write("=\"");
> !         out.write(escapeAttributeEntities(uri));
>           out.write("\"");
>           namespaces.push(ns);
>       }

Bingo.  Anyone see a reason this wouldn't be spec conformant?

BTW, JDOM's not dead.  I'm still engaged, just need to get off my duff
and do a 1.0.1 with the few small bugs we fixed since 1.0.  There hasn't
been much interest expressed in a 1.1 release.  JDOM already does
everything *I* care about.  Are there things people want in a 1.1 or
2.0, or should we stay in happy maintenance mode.