FW: [jdom-interest] & in namespace

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Wed May 3 10:32:57 PDT 2006

On 03/05/06, Jason Hunter <jhunter at xquery.com> wrote:
> BTW, JDOM's not dead.  I'm still engaged, just need to get off my duff
> and do a 1.0.1 with the few small bugs we fixed since 1.0.  There hasn't
> been much interest expressed in a 1.1 release.  JDOM already does
> everything *I* care about.  Are there things people want in a 1.1 or
> 2.0, or should we stay in happy maintenance mode.

The one big thing I'd like would be if the various things that return
Collections would return parameterised values instead of the base
classes that they return right now. For example, Element.getChildren()
is actually even documented to return a List of Elements, but the
return type is plain old List. It would be nice if that were
List<Element> instead, so you wouldn't need to cast all the time.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/