[jdom-interest] Imcompatibility with GPL

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Thu Sep 28 10:03:14 PDT 2006

> Jaxen recently switched to a
> modified BSD license to make itself GPL compatible.  JDOM
> could probably do the same.

As a matter of interest, how many contributors were there to Jaxen, and were
they all contacted before making the change?

Even though less than 5% of Saxon was developed by outside contributors,
I've always argued that I can't change the license without their agreement,
and without the agreement of former employers who agreed to support the
project on particular assumptions.

On the other hand, that's largely because I really can't be bothered
spending time on this stuff. I started doing open source to get away from
it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/