[jdom-interest] Imcompatibility with GPL

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:46:28 PDT 2006

Michael Kay wrote:
>> Jaxen recently switched to a
>> modified BSD license to make itself GPL compatible.  JDOM
>> could probably do the same.
>
> As a matter of interest, how many contributors were there to Jaxen, and were
> they all contacted before making the change?

A couple of dozen, and yes. I doubt it would have been feasible on a
much larger project.

This is one reason I have been extremely reluctant to incorporate any
third party submissions into XOM. As long as it's all my code, I can
code, I can change the license if necessary.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!