[jdom-interest] Java heap space error, please help.

Jason Winnebeck gillius-ml at gillius.org
Tue May 22 08:23:13 PDT 2007

DOM is a cached memory model for document that holds the whole document in
memory for random access, therefore DOM-based APIs such as JDOM will never be
sufficient for your task. If you want to stream XML on output you'll have to
use a different API such as SAX. Or, to be honest, if the output XML file is
simple enough and a fixed format you could just write it yourself using
standard file IO streams. XML parsers are a lot more difficult to write than
XML writers.

Jason