[jdom-interest] Java heap space error, please help.

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Tue May 22 09:50:13 PDT 2007

What do you mean that you increased virtual memory?  In Java the best
thing to do is increase the heap size.

java -Xms128m -Xmx512m Foo

Maybe you have more than 512M to throw at the problem.  If that doesn't
work, then you can change your code to write elements at a time and let
them GC so you won't run out of memory.  You just need to do a little
manual work for the root element wrapper.

-jh-