[jdom-interest] Re: Reading XML with JDOM

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Fri Oct 3 01:32:39 PDT 2008

The point of my message is that if it's taking 1 second to get the file over
the network and 1msec to process the file, then improving the processing
speed to 0.9 msec is a waste of effort. It's like tuning your car's engine
and leaving the handbrake on. You need to understand the overall system
performance (and the extent to which it falls short of the performance
requirements) before you decide which parts of it to tune.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

  _____