[jdom-interest] Fwd: Hello and facing a problem with JDOM

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Thu Mar 22 13:33:15 PDT 2012

Hi Iman

I am unsure of how you added the JDOM 1.1.3 the first way, but, if it
works when you add the Jars individually then the Jars themselves must
be OK, the problem must be in how they are added to eclipse.

I wonder whether you are just copying the JDOM jars over the 'old' 1.1.2
jars, but they have different names... jdom-1.1.3.jar not the old
jdom-1.1.2.jar, and that eclipse is looking for the 1.1.2 version of the
name.....

There are a few things I try to do when I have eclipse build problems:
1. select your project and right-click -> Refresh (F5) to make sure
eclipse is up-to-date with everything.
2. open the 'problems' view: Window -> Show View -> Problems

You will see in the problems view all the issues that Eclipse has, with
the errors at the top. If you select the 'errors' (with red icons), copy
them, and paste them in to an e-mail I will have a better idea of what's
wrong.

Rolf