[jdom-interest] JDOM Issue #5 - DTD-aware Attribute output

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Mar 23 12:25:20 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-23 09:40:39 Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>  my experience that any parser, Xerces included, parses the DTD completely
> (including included entities as is the case here) and injects all default
> values of attributes (including namespaces) without it being validating.

We are using JDOM-1.1 and Xerces and my experience that with an XML schema
that provides default values you only get the defaults when doing validation.
This is XMLSchema, not DTD, so it is possible that the rules are different...
it is also possible that xerces can be configured in more ways...

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7