[jdom-interest] SAXNotRecognizedException while running SAXBuilderDemo

Brett McLaughlin brett.mclaughlin at lutris.com
Mon Oct 2 13:16:47 PDT 2000

"Javier A. Soltero" wrote:

> [sorry, re-sending this to the list with the right email so that it
> doesnt get bounced]
>
> I am in the process of evaluating JDOM to use in an XML based J2EE
> application. I have to say that what I have seen up to now looks really
> good! My problem is the following, I have created a class called
> moeXMLdoc, its simply a container for a jdom Document with some api's
> which know how to extract stuff from the Document and turn it into
> JavaBeans which will be used for display. Everything works fine except
> for when I try to use a SAXParser to create a new instance of my class
> from a file. I tried then to run the SAXBuilderDemo just to make sure I
> was using this correctly, and I found the same problem:

> org/xml/sax/SAXNotRecognizedException
>     at SAXBuilderDemo:82
>
> So, aside from the fact that my classpath (which includes the b4 build
> of jdom) cant locate that class, what else is wrong? Must be something
> pretty basic if I cant get the samples to run correctly.

First, you want to get the latest JDOM from CVS - beta 4 is way out of
date, and if you like it, you will be even happier with the latest
version (coming out in beta 5 later this week).

Second, it appears that you have jdom.jar in your path, but not
xerces.jar (in the jdom/lib directory). Add that and life will be good
;-)

-Brett

> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> -javier