[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder bug reading DTD internal subset?

Sergio Sierra ssierra at bigfoot.com
Wed May 29 08:44:39 PDT 2002

Hello!

I'm need to read a XML file with a DTD internal subset using SAXBuilder
(beta8) and Xerces, but when the parse process has finished and i run
the DocType getInternalSubset() method, there is not any DTD data. This
method returns an empty String. The XML file is valid with a valid DTD
internal subset.

I don't know what's the real reason for this behaviour. Sorry if the
reason is mine, but i'm not a english speaker so it's a little hard for
me to learn to use the JDOM API.

Do i have to configure SAXBuilder with any particular feature?

I think the problem not occurs if I use DOMBuilder, but becasuse it has
deprecated methods since version 7, so, i must to use SAXBuilder.

There are the code lines i use to make the jdom tree from my xml file.
---------
(...)
	builder = new SAXBuilder(true);
	doc = builder.build(new StringReader(data));
(...)
---------

Thanks for your help,

Sergio