[jdom-interest] error creating new DOMBuilder

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu May 29 05:40:18 PDT 2003

At 2:03 PM +0200 5/29/03, Dirk Reiss wrote:

>I generally could, but my intention is to get the body from the soap-message,
>maybe modify it a little bit using org.w3c.dom, and the use the DOMBuilder to
>transform that into a JDom-document in order to use the fancy
>XMLOutputter to write
>the xml into a file. As far as i see, SAXBuilder needs a file or a
>stream or whatever,
>but not a org.w3c.dom.Document or Element... That would not be that nice...

Your scenario is not plausible. You should either be using DOM or
JDOM as your needs and tastes dictate. I see no reason to mix the two
to accomplish what you need to accomplish. If you prefer DOM, use a
serializer that works with DOM. Xerces has a nice one.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
   http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA