[jdom-interest] Dis-integeration of CDATA for large files.

Phil Weighill-Smith phil.weighill-smith at volantis.com
Thu Feb 5 01:04:52 PST 2004

While a SAX parser is at liberty to supply any number of character
events in a sequence, I was under the impression that a DOM should never
contain multiple, sequential text nodes. Could this not be a bug in
JDOM's character event collation?

Phil :n.

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 22:03, Robin Rosenberg wrote:

> This is the result of the underlying SAX Parser, not JDCOM itself,
> which splits the character data. It is formally correct, and very annoying.
> I had never encountered this until I started parsing huge files.
>
> -- robin
>
> onsdag 04 februari 2004 22:47 skrev Srinivasan Pillai:
> > I have quite large xml file (around 1 MB). I used JDOM to modify the
> > contents (using XmlOutputter). When I do so for large files, the CDATA
> > elements divides itself into 2 or more CDATA elements even though I make no
> > change to it.
> > For example, this is the original CDATA element I had in the file,
> >
> > <long_desc><![CDATA[Test description]]></long_desc>
> >
> > and this is what I saw after the file was modified
> > <long_desc><![CDATA[Test d]]><![CDATA[escription]]></long_desc>
> [...]

Phil Weighill-Smith <phil.weighill-smith at volantis.com>
Volantis Systems