[jdom-interest] jdom 1.1.2 references missing maven artifact

Rolf jdom at tuis.net
Sat Nov 5 13:22:46 PDT 2011

Hi again.

I think I have updated maven central with a new pom.xml. (it takes a
while to be updated)
The best I can do is make it optional.... and not specify a particular
version for jaxen.

This means that you will by default use jaxen 1.1.1. This is not ideal.

You should still update your jaxen to 1.1.3, and 'complain' to jaxen
that they have not updated the maven-central.

So, in your case, despite me having updated maven-central, you (and
everyone else) should still use the maven mechanism for dealing with
this situation:

Manually download the 1.1.3 version of jaxen, and install it in to your
maven repository. If you are on a 'unix' machine:

   mkdir jaxentmp
   cd jaxentmp
   curl -O http://dist.codehaus.org/jaxen/distributions/jaxen-1.1.3.zip
   unzip jaxen-1.1.3.zip
   mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jaxen -DartifactId=jaxen
-Dversion=1.1.3 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=jaxen-1.1.3/jaxen-1.1.3.jar

After doing that, your jdom build should work.

I do not know the equivalent steps on windows/eclipse/intellij/whatever.

Rolf